Introducing the new TI SensorTag
The new TI SensorTag is based on the CC2650 ultra-low power wireless MCU, offering a ®-M3 and a fraction of the power consumption compared to previous Bluetooth® Smart products. It also includes cloud support, letting you move your sensor data from the smartphone app to the cloud with a simple touch on the screen.
The new SensorTag features 10 sensors, including digital microphone, light, and magnet, and will be expandable with add-on daughter cards. Total current consumption for the SensorTag has been reduced to 4 uA in power down mode.
The Sensortag can now be expanded with an optional debugger including a Code Composer™ Studio C-compiler license.
Features of the new TI SensorTag
- More sensors
- Added support for more low-power sensors
- 10 sensors including support for light, microphone, and magnetic sensors
- Lower power
- Peak power consumption reduced by 75%
- Significantly improved performance with ARM Cortex-M3 (CC2650 wireless MCU)
- Multi-standard wireless support
- Bluetooth Smart
- Cloud connectivity
- Access and control your SensorTag from anywhere
- Seamless integration with mobile apps and web through cloud services
- Complete development system
- Low-cost debugger/emulator add-on available
- Code Composer™ Studio compiler license included
- Available for both Android and iOS
- Source code available for download
- Build your own SensorTag app in minutes by enabling the SensorTag sensors
- Quick and easy prototyping