Privacy Affairs released Dark Web Price Index 2022, taken from data scanning dark web marketplaces, forums, and websites. Criminals can acquire credit card details and online banking login information for as little as $50. The price list on dark web forums for stolen data includes:
- Credit card details and associated information ranges from $17-$120
- Online banking login information costs $65
- Hacked Facebook account: $45
- Cloned VISA with PIN: $20
- Stolen PayPal account details, minimum $1000 balances: $20
- A full range of documents and account details allowing identity theft: $1,010
The study also zeroes in on cryptocurrency accounts. For less than $250, a scammer can acquire digital wallets on platforms such as LocalBitcoins and Coinbase.
How big is the problem? More than 9,000 vendors are selling fake IDs and credit cards. They sold more bogus credit card data and personal information in 2022 than in 2021. 4.5 million credit cards were up for sale in August 2022.
Visit The Dark Web Price Index 2022 at https://www.privacyaffairs.com/dark-web-price-index-2022