Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company, Real-Time Innovations (RTI), has announced its partnership with Mocana Corporation, to provide customers with an integrated solution to scale protected data communications without compromising reliability and performance for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems.
RTI Connext DDS is a software framework that shares information in real-time, making IIoT applications work together as one, integrated system. Based on the Object Management Group Data Distribution Service (OMG DDS) standard, RTI Connext DDS is the first connectivity framework designed for the demanding requirements of IIoT systems, low latency, high reliability, scalability and security.
Mocana TrustPoint is a proven IoT endpoint security software platform for embedded systems. Used by manufacturers to protect more than 100 million mission-critical industrial machines and IoT devices, Mocana TrustPoint is the most comprehensive on-device security software for IIoT applications. Mocana TrustPoint includes a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine and software to make devices tamper-resistant while securing device storage, communications and applications.
RTI’s integration with Mocana’s TrustCenter device security management platform enables customers to automate, scale and gain control over the security lifecycle of their devices. Mocana TrustCenter enables zero-touch, automated device enrollment, and in-field provisioning of credentials and authenticated updates on headless devices.
Integrating RTI Connext DDS with Mocana TrustPoint and TrustCenter enables manufacturers and industrial operators to accelerate the development of high-performance, secure industrial control systems (ICS) and IoT devices while enabling compliance with stringent cyber security standards, such as IEC 62443-3-3, NIST 800-53, NERC CIP 003-7, and US FIPS 140-2.
- High-performance, deterministic IoT connectivity using RTI Connext DDS.
- Support for automated machine-to-machine (M2M) communications with real-time Quality of Service (QoS).
- Fine-grained security to protect data-in-motion without compromising network performance or bandwidth.
- Easy migration path from OpenSSL to a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine.
- Tamper-resistant cyber security controls integrated into IoT and ICS devices.
- Accelerated compliance with NIST 800-53, NERC CIP 003, and IEC 62443-3-3.
- Support for authentication, secure key storage and remote attestation using Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0.
- Ability to use RTI Connext DDS within a secure virtualized environment, such as a Docker container, Linux container or virtual machine.
- Capability to scale and automate device certificate enrollment, in addition to software and firmware updates through the lifecycle of the device.
David Barnett, Vice President of Products and Markets, RTI, said: “In large, distributed systems, connecting the edge to the backend allows developers to effectively combine data and analytics, delivering on the promise of the Industrial IoT.
“However, with more interconnection, these mission-critical systems require stronger levels of security than they have previously had. We’re thrilled to partner with Mocana to not only provide the strongest levels of security to our customers, but to also comply with stringent industry regulations.”
Dean Weber, Chief Technology Officer, Mocana, added: “Integrating with RTI’s leading IIoT connectivity software provides customers with a secure and scalable solution that broadens their opportunity to integrate into even more complex systems. We’re excited to work together to raise awareness within key industry verticals and customers about emerging security norms and mandates.”
Mocana and RTI will be co-hosting a webinar on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 at 11am PT/2pm ET on, ‘How to Overcome Obstacles of IIoT System Security’. You can pre-register for the webinar here.