You’ve been framed, Dubai style
Snap a selfie by the world’s largest picture frame in Dubai. Signify, the lighting specialist, has worked with Dubai Municipality to light one of the world’s most unusual landmarks. It has provided dynamic color changing architectural lighting for the Dubai Frame, a 150 by 93m rectangular structure that resembles a giant picture frame.
The dramatic frame is the perfect vantage point for viewing the city, which is already home to the tallest skyscraper, the largest shopping mall and the longest driverless metro system in the world.
Resembling the largest picture frame on the planet, the Dubai Frame houses a museum and visitor center which charts the rise of the city from its origins for pearl-diving to become one of the world’s most enchanting and vibrant cities. The Dubai Frame has become a popular backdrop for selfies, providing an actual #nofilter border to countless couples’ romantic poses.
- Signify provided its energy efficient architectural LED lighting.
- The project used 380 Philips Color Kinetics ColorBlast 12 Powercore Gen 4 RGBW luminaires together with 34 Philips Color Kinetics ColorReach Powercore LED floodlights for lighting tall and large structures, providing more punch and light quality for exterior long-throw applications.
- 114 Philips Color Kinetics ColorGraze MX4 Powercore luminaires and 56 Philips Color Kinetics ColorGraze QLX Powercore luminaires highlight the stainless gold cladding of the frame.
- The lighting is controlled by a Pharos Control System.
- Installation was by Signify Certified Value Added Partner Uniled and was done over a six-month period.