Bittium will exhibit Bittium Tough Mobile LTE smartphone and other products and solutions for critical communications at the Critical Communications World event in Berlin, German on May 15-17. The newest product to be showcased is the Bittium Tough Mobile HybridX extension that combines Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with the functional HybridX accessory.
The HybridX accessory is integrated to the Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and the set is connected to a PMR (Professional Mobile Radio) device, such as TETRA or P25. The extension eases the transition of authorities and security operators, such as police and fire and rescue service, from TETRA or P25 network based voice and messaging solutions to solutions that provide broadband connection.
In addition, Bittium will showcase Bittium SafeMove Analytics, which is a monitoring and reporting tool for collecting information on the network performance of the devices used on the field and thus enhance the efficiency of authorities. Also showcased will be the Bittium Secure Suite back-end system that enables efficient use of Bittium Tough Mobile’s information security features, reliable remote device management, and securing the network connections used by the device.
Bittium’s products and solutions have also been shortlisted for International Critical Communications Awards, and the award ceremony will be held in conjunction with the Critical Communications World event. Bittium Tough Mobile and related Bittium Secure Suite back-end system, the first smartphone based solution in the world to have received official Confidential level encryption product classification, has been shortlisted for the ‘Best Innovation’ award, and the Bittium Tough Mobile HybridX extension has been shortlisted for the ‘Best Evolution to Future Broadband’ award.
Bittium will also have several speaker slots and participants in panel discussions during the event:
- In the ‘Mission Critical Mobile Broadband’ Masterclass session Mr. Sammy Loitto, Director, Corporate Business Development, will share the technological considerations for terminal devices when transitioning to new mission critical broadband networks.
- ‘MCPTT: the road ahead panel will discuss the Mission Critical Push To Talk (MCPTT) standard and the adoption of the solutions based on the standard. MCPTT based solutions enable the use of LTE technology in mission critical communications. Mr. Markku Korkiakoski, Director, Sales and Business Development, will represent Bittium in the panel.
- During the ‘LTE device in critical communications: ensuring a reliable ecosystem’ session Mr. Markku Korkiakoski will go through the lifecycle, information security and ecosystem when using LTE smartphones in mission critical communications.
Technology Showcase stage:
- In the panel discussion ‘Is security the last session?’ Mr Markku Korkiakoski will act as the moderator. The panel will discuss information security related to mission critical communications.
- ‘Migration to critical broadband – elements on the way’ panel will discuss the topics related to migration to broadband based communication solutions. Mr. Jarno Majava, Director, Sales and Business Development, will represent Bittium in the panel.
- ‘Broadband terminal debate – ready or not’ panel will discuss the broadband network terminals and the readiness of those for authority use. Mr. Markku Korkiakoski will represent Bittium in the panel.
Products and solutions exhibited at the event:
- Bittium Tough Mobile is a secure and strong Android-based LTE smartphone combining the latest information security and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers’ own and third party software security solutions. Bittium Tough Mobile and related Bittium Secure Suite back-end system is the first smartphone based solution in the world to have received official Confidential level encryption product classification.
- Bittium Secure Suite device management and encryption software product complements Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with a scalable set of new software services for remote management, remote attestation and securing the network connections of the device. Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and Bittium Secure Suite together form a unique and reliable system for processing and transferring encrypted and classified material, and securing critical communications.
- Bittium Tough Mobile HybridX extension is a solution for authorities that integrates Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with a functional accessory and connects the set to a PMR device (TETRA/P25). The solution also includes a holder with a wide angle lens enabling authorities to share real-time situational awareness over the LTE network. Bittium Tough Mobile HybridX extension can be used to operate both the Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and a PMR device, and enables communication with both LTE and PMR network users with the same device.
- Bittium SafeMove Analytics is an advanced monitoring and reporting module that helps authorities to monitor network connectivity and performance to improve productivity and user experience. The Analytics tool continuously gathers connectivity data, such as connectivity status, speed, throughput and bytes transferred, network type, and WiFi network information. In addition, the new security features of the software can immediately report possible security deviations in the users’ mobile devices. This makes it possible to react to cyber threats without delays, e.g. by blocking the device which reported the deviation from the authority network during the investigation.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand D50.
Bittium will also be part of the Critical Communications Finland pavilion B60-61, where it is possible to get to know more about different Finnish products and solutions for mission critical communications and how Finnish authorities operate.