Xtera, a provider of innovative subsea fibre optic solutions, has announced that its Chief Technical Officer, Tony Frisch, will be speaking at Subsea Connect 2017 in Marseille, France.
Mr. Frisch will join executives from Alcatel Submarine Networks and Tata Communications on the panel, ‘Extending the Lifespan of Cables – The Best Way to Optimize Cable Investment?’ Drawing upon his in-depth knowledge of subsea terminal equipment and upgrades, as well as experience testing, commissioning and troubleshooting submarine systems, he will analyze the comparative advantages of extending the lifespan of an existing submarine cable versus building a new one from the perspective of cable owners and operators.
“Even as new transoceanic and regional cable system builds make trade headlines nearly every day, undersea cables nearing or already exceeding their planned technical lifespan present pressing questions related to maximizing ROI, while new systems have the same economic along with environmental concerns,” commented Mr. Frisch. “Along with my distinguished colleagues, I look forward to participating in a robust discussion at Subsea Connect as we strive to determine criteria for the upgrade of aging cable systems or the decision to commission new cables.”
- What: Panel Discussion: “Extending the Lifespan of Cables – The Best Way to Optimize Cable Investment?”
- Where: Subsea Connect 2017 in Marseille, France
- When: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:30am–10:30am
- Tony Frisch, Chief Technical Officer, Xter
- Paul Gabla, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Alcatel Submarine Network
- Christos Holevas, Senior Manager International Network Development, Tata Communications