The APEC 2023 Professional Education Seminars program is finalized. The seminars deliver in-depth discussions on complex power electronics topics and will be held Sunday and Monday, March 19-20, before the exhibition opens. Covering topics like power system design to the latest components applications, each seminar is three-and-a-half hours long with a 30-minute break.
There are six topic tracks, running in parallel, scheduled for three session times: Sunday 19th morning (9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.), Sunday 19th afternoon (2:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.), and Monday 20th morning (8:30 a.m. – noon). Highlights include (but are not limited to):
- “Switch Mode Power Concepts,” – Presenter Robert White
- “Gate-Drive Circuit Design for Wide-Bandgap Power Transistors” – Presenter Eric Persson
- “Modeling, Measurement and Suppression of Conductive, Near-Field and Radiated Electromagnetic Interference in Power Electronics Systems,” – Presenter Shuo Wang
- “The Essence of Solid-State Transformers,” – Presenters Johann W. Kolar and Jonas Huber
- “Is SiC High Performance Technology Reliable Enough For Your Application?” – Presenters Xuning Zhang and Cesare Bocchiola
Given that the seminars run concurrently, all workshops will be available for download for seminar attendees. Each will provide a printed color copy of the presentation for following along and taking notes. Click here for the full seminar program.
APEC focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business and targets:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power systems, inverters, and any other power electronic circuits, equipment, and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality, and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales, and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics
For more information about APEC 2023, visit apec-conf.org.