At the 2019 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, January 8th to 11th, Maxim Integrated Products will showcase its latest analog and mixed-signal technologies that are enabling an array of applications, such as smarter, safer cars, accurate wearable healthcare devices and mobile audio products with rich sound.
Automotive: driving redefined
From highly efficient LED drivers to high-speed video links, a variety of technologies is enabling automotive manufacturers to design safer, smarter cars. Automotive demos include:
- Battery management system for electric vehicles/hybrid electric vehicles (EV/HEV).
- Automotive LED lighting.
- Power management for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS).
- Automotive-grade USB.
- Next-generation Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link (GMSL) technology.
Wearable healthcare: wellness reimagined
Building a wearable healthcare product for the wrist that can provide real-time exchange of accurate health data, assessment of chronic conditions and evaluation of overall well-being can be challenging and time-consuming. Maxim’s Health Sensor Platform 2.0 (MAXREFDES101#) brings the ability to monitor electrocardiogram (ECG), heart rate and body temperature to a wrist-worn wearable, saving up to six months in development time. See the platform in action, along with demos including:
- MAX-HEALTH-BAND heart-rate and activity monitor evaluation and development platform.
- MAX-ECG-MONITOR evaluation and development platform.
- Power-management ICs (PMICs) for wearables.
Mobile audio: unleash the full potential of micro speakers
The desire for a high-quality listening experience is driving demand for better and smaller sound systems that can be used in the home or on-the-go. Mobile audio demos include:
- Dynamic speaker management (DSM) technology.
- Solutions for speaker characterization and acoustic tuning.
- New consumer products powered by Maxim audio technology.
High-performance building blocks: design revolutionized
A relentless desire to innovate across broad application areas is driving the need for ultra-low device power consumption, precise measurement, rugged protection and connectivity. See demos that showcase the role of these high-performance analog ICs:
- Reaching functional safety for ADAS applications with MAX16132.
- Reserve power for portable devices and equipment, featuring MAX38888.