The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE®) has opened nominations for eight different industry honors. The society will present these honors at the SCTE® Cable-Tec Expo® in Philadelphia, PA, this fall. The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2022.
Robin Fenton, VP of membership and learning operations, expressed his excitement at recognizing SCTE members who are “Creating Infinite Possibilities by advancing the careers of others through prioritizing innovative learning and development programs.”
SCTE is accepting nominations to recognize distinguished individuals in the following eight categories:
- Excellence in Learning & Development Award – Recognizes the achievements of learning and development professionals within the cable telecommunications community.
- Excellence in Standards Award – Honors an SCTE Standards program participant who has significantly contributed to the technical standards program and the spirit of cooperation necessary for the success of voluntary standards.
- International Engineering Professional Award – Highlights outstanding technical achievements made by an engineering professional living outside the United States.
- Innovators Award – Recognizes a company that has introduced a technological service or product that profoundly improves service offerings to customers.
- Member of the Year Award – Recognizes the member who has made the most significant contributions to the Society during the past year.
- Wilt J. Hildenbrand Jr. Award – Recognizes an industry star who is 40 years old or younger and making significant contributions to the cable industry.
- Hall of Fame – Permanently recognizes active SCTE members who have made extraordinary contributions to the Society and industry.
- Senior Member – Honors members who demonstrated technical competence, participated in the Society and industry affairs, attained a degree of seniority, and maintained a high level of professionalism.
Follow the link for each award type for more information. To nominate someone, use this form.